"My intention was to remove the distance between the leader and people,"
"On the Indo-US nuclear deal, my thinking is that in India we need not be scared or lack confidence in dealing with anything or anybody,"
"As a general secretary, I have just made some recommendation in favour of younger boys (in ticket distribution).""I will get married soon,""Perhaps, we could consider making the land ceiling variable based upon land productivity,"
"This is the real India"
"It is one thing to give an advertisement and totally different thing to do some work for them"
"For ideological or political reasons the deal is being opposed. But the Congress has taken a decision which is correct. Sometimes in life, risk has to be taken.
"I do not believe in Valentine's Day, at the same time I have no problem with people celebrating it. There should not be one day to show that you care for somebody.""I will get married soon,""Connect with the poor in India. We must open up opportunities for the poor so that they can dream the same dream which you and I do," Rahul said.
"I am not in the business of making private conversation public,"
"As general secretary of the Youth Congress, I just make some recommendations as far as younger boys are concerned, that's all. I am not unhappy with the ticket distribution,"
"I will speak here as an Indian first and not as a Congressman."
"I congratulate Manmohanji for empowering the poor and enabling many. It is the only policy by which the country can progress,"
"During one of the tours I visited the house of Sunita and was surprised to see that while the elders of the family were properly clad in warm clothes, the young ones comprising even a seven-year-old girl were bereft of clothing that could keep the..."I will get married soon,""My prime ministerial candidate for the Lok Sabha elections is Manmohan Singh,"
"This is the time to remain united to face the challenge of terrorism,"
"My ambition has never been anything specific or targeted like becoming the general in the army. My ambition is to have a decent understanding of this country and its people. And to...
"The present government is corrupt, and..."
"I am running late,"
"If you cannot think of improving and advancing the country you should not join politics,"
"Youths have an idealistic outlook but there are doubts among the youth over politics as if there is a wall. We will demolish this wall in near future,"
"During my visit earlier this year to a village in Amethi, I went to a poor Dalit villager's home and was shocked to hear what his children told me,"
"I wanted to show him (Miliband) the village life and the spirit of poor people of the country." "There are two parts of India (rural and urban). Our job as a politician is to ensure both parts move together."
"Jab mein airport par pahuncha to mujhe ek call aaya ki aaj ki saare programme cancel kar do marne walon ke respect main lekin mein yahan aaya hun unko sharandanjli dene aap logo ke saath,"
"Ham sab ko ek jut hokar inka mukabala karna hai"
"A hero is only necessary when systems fail."
"I spotted the poor man Bansilal after campaigning in Indore and went to him to find out about his well being. He reluctantly took me to his house and told that his house was grabbed by a powerful builder mafia in the city,"
"I have not been given permission to talk to the press," Mr Gandhi told the Guardian. "It is an order."
"Opponents may say whatever they want. I have said only what my father had said,"
"The true realisation of India's power lies in igniting the fire of ambition of our aspiring millions,"
"a road does not differentiate between people just as water does not discriminate between people".
"I am trying to attract maximum youths to politics and nation building exercise,"
"they might have tried to stop me but I went there and talked to so many youngsters and students and I had better time talking and getting their..."I am running late,""Our biggest achievement is that we have not deviated from our ideology,"
"I believe in politics of heart and have come to win the heart, not election,"
"When she refused to answer, I asked her to whisper it into my ear,"I will get married soon,""If you waive the loan for everybody, then the whole system will collapse,"
"Once someone asked me what my religion was and I said `Indian flag'.""I am running late,"
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Rahul Baba quotes
People are making a huge issue out of the supposed Rahul Baba gaffes delivered during his recent trip to Gujarat. This is unfair. People should make more of an effort to understand their leader. After all, there are more than one billion yous, and there is only one Yuvraj. So, we bring you recent quotes of the Yuvraj:

1 comment:
Stellar stuff from Rahul Baba :-)
He can actually do a good job as a sports commentator in Doordarshan. Those guys come up with gems like - "Jo team aaj accha khelegi vo jeetegi aur jo accha nahin khel paayegi unpe kaafi dabaav hoga jiske karan voh shayad haar jaayen". I am sure the Congress PM-in-waiting can beat these guys in their own game and give us even better quotable quotes.
Post a Comment