Sunday, April 12, 2009

Is LTTE secular?

Pop Singer Maya Arulpragasal : Daughter of an LTTE "revolutionary"

This will remain an unresolved question. Reportedly the LTTE situation is nearing the end game. With the elections looming, the issue is not getting much attention. 
COLOMBO: LTTE supremo V Prabhakaran's son Charles Anthony has been injured in fierce clashes with the Sri Lankan security forces in the island's embattled north, officials said on Wednesday. Charles, 24, the eldest of two sons and a daughter of the elusive LTTE chief, was injured in the fighting in the Tiger bastion of Pudhukkudiyiruppu, defence ministry officials said. 

Charles, who was believed to have been commanding a contingent of rebel forces, was wounded on March 8, official sources said, as the Sri Lankan army pushed deeper into the rebel-held territory to capture their remaining pockets. [link]
In any case, we hope the situation improves and a solution reached soon. 

As a side note, picture above is a very popular artist known as M.I.A. She is a daughter of an LTTE rebel. She also collaborated with A. R. Rahman on a song for the Slumdog movie.

M.I.A. songs must require something of an acquired taste, the most accessible among which we found on YouTube was a remix of an old Bollywood number - Jimmy. Among the most radical would perhaps be Sunshowers:

I Bongo with my lingo and beat like a wing yo
to Congo to Columbo can't stereotype my thing yo
I salt and pepper my mango
shoot spit out the window
bingo I got em in the thing yo
now what? I'm doing my thing yo

quit bendin All my fingo quit beating me like you're ringo
you wanna go? you wanna win a war?
like P.L.O. I don't surrendo
the sunshowers that fall on my troubles
are you over my baby
and some showers I'll be aiming at you
'cos i'm watching you my baby ..

No comments: