Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shikha Dalmia



She is getting a lot of praises for her articles, for instance this one. A solidly free market thinker and a breath of fresh air amid the airheads who parrot the socialist mantra.

4 comments:

blogger said...

@Off Topic

श्री कृष्ण जन्माष्टमी के पावन अवसर पर सभी भाई-बहनों को बहुत बहुत बधाई। वसुदेवसुतं देवं कंसचाणूरमद्रनम्। देवकीपरमानन्दम कृष्णं वन्दे जगद्गुरुम्॥

A very very Happy Janmashtmi to you and your family. ||Jai Shri Krishn||

AGworld said...

I'd say she's only marginally better.
She does not nail the birts for their loot and rapine. The deep scars that some 600 years of foreign, abrahaminic rule -- bent upon 'scorched earth' detruction of local ways of life (read being hindu) -- need to be acknowledged.

Though I'm delighted she tears out at the nehruvian stalinists.

Anonymous said...

She is Ok...I do not find her refreshingly compelling & original.
yea sure, she does sound (as you said) a breath of fresh air & promising voice amidst balloons ...it's the environment that is pushing her up n above everyone, who happen to be less efficient

I felt she is parroting too! some elevated thoughts n a few misinterpretations,say 'impatience to get rich'...well,there are needs that go beyond materialistic pursuits

-Anonymous Bloop

Jai Joshi said...

I agree with much of what she says about Nehru's policies and the stifling effect they had on India for so many decades. However, I don't think her points can be compared with what is happening in America right now. In a free market there still needs to be some kind of government regulation that puts in safeguards to prevent companies from becoming too big to fail. Yes, we should deregularise many of the corrupt regulations where companies and entrepeneurs need permission from the government to do business but we cannot allow companies and corporations to become such giants that their collapse means the collapse of the nation's economy. It is this problem that has happened in America with Lehman Brothers and AIG and it happened because the regulations put into place after the Great Depression to protect against this problem were deregularised in 1999. So it is a completely separate issue and what Obama is trying to do is reinstate those safeguards while maintaining the free market.