WASHINGTON: Observing that the Obama administration is looking at Pakistan through a different lens than its predecessors, a former American diplomat today said the new US government would quietly focus itself on Kashmir away from the public glaze.William Milam, the former US Ambassador to Pakistan, identified India and Kashmir as one of the issues, which the Obama administration would focus on while trying to find a solution to Pakistan. [link]
Will expand on it later, but briefly - there are 1.5 Billion of them, globally speaking. There are 800 millions of yous, not all of them all that committed at this point. The keyword here is "public" - as in 800 million people who are not looking this way. The other keyword is "quiet" - which is very intriguing.
Will this silence be bidirectional? If so, there is not much value to it really, because certain people want to hear what they want to hear. The fact that all this deafening silence is loudly talking back from India's largest circulation newspaper is besides the point.
Hush, hush
I thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
She broke my heart but I love her just the same now
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
I need her loving and I'm not to blame now
- Hush, Deep Purple

No comments:
Post a Comment